Tomato, chorizo and Parmesan soup
- Mise-en-place: longitudinally slice the chorizo, twice, with a 90° twist inbetween, then laterally slice so it is in small chunks. Chop onion, carrot and leeks into smallish pieces. Quarter tomatoes.
- Add olive oil and butter to a pan, and heat until pretty hot.
- Add chorizo and sauté until oil is coloured from the oils in the sausage - 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, carrot and leeks. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are well-coloured and aromatic. Mid-way through, season well with salt, pepper and herbs of your choice (a herbes de Provence of italian mix should work well. As would some fresh basil).
- Add the Parmesan, stir in and cook a minute or two longer.
- Add stock and tomatoes.
- Bring back to the boil, and simmer for 15 minutes or so.
- Blitz with a stick-blender or regular blender. Finalize seasoning to taste.
Serve with a light and tasty Italian-style bread, or whatever floats your boat. Matches surprisingly well with a G&T.blog comments powered by Disqus